Setting up the Netgear D6200 DSL router through the WPS button
One of the easiest available methods of connecting the router to the computer system is through the WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup) method. The WPS method of connection is also the most secure wireless connection method among the other methods available. However, the users of the netgear router login need to understand that the WPS mode of connection works only when the wireless network is having the WPA, WPSK or WPA2 type security enabled on them. The WPS mode of connection is not compatible with the wireless networks having the security type as WEP or WEP 2 etc.
This Wi-Fi protected setup method cannot be used with the wireless networks having outdated security keys.
Netgear D6200 DSL wireless router connection
The wireless routers need to be connected to the computer system before the users can proceed on with the basic configuration and customization. The router can, however, be connected to the computing device through one of the three ways mentioned below. Go through them carefully.
- Connection through the WPS button (wireless)
- Connection over the Wi-Fi system (Wireless)
- Ethernet cable connection (wired)
WPS mode of connection
- Open the router from its factory packed box and assemble all the components.
- Switch on the power adapter and wait for few seconds till the lights on its display panel get stable.
- Open the internet and settings panel of your PC and press the WPS button of your router given on the back side of the router.
- The users may please note that this is us only the prior and initial setup of getting your router/modem ready for the final configuration. The users need to perform a configuration for the internet and other networking uses of the router and modem.
Ethernet cable connection (LAN cable)
- The Ethernet cable (LAN/RJ45) connection is the most stable and reliable mode of connecting the router to the computer system either a laptop or desktop.
- Connect the modem to the Internet port (WAN) of the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Similarly, connect the computer system to any of the several LAN ports of the router.
- Switch on the power supply and wait for a few seconds till the lights on it go stable.
Through this method, a user gets automatically connected to the devices to which the wires are connected. However, after the connection is established, you will need to configure your router so that the internet and network sharing can be done. For the internet supply, a separate set of details need to be entered in the required fields provided by your Internet service providers.
Connection over the Wi-Fi of the devices
One of the most widely used methods for connecting the router to the computer system is through the Wi-Fi.
Connect all the essential supplementary components of the router and switch on the power supply.
Wait for the DSL, Internet, and Wi-Fi etc. lights on the display panel to get stable. Open the Wi-Fi section of your PC and look out for the SSID name of your router and double-click to get connected to it. As it will be your first connection, this wireless connection will be open.
Netgear D6200 DSL Modem router reset
On the off chance if you forget the router login password or user ID, then you can reset the password only by resetting the router to its original factory settings. The router when resetting to its factory state erases all the important configuration details and the user’s personal information. Just reset the router by pressing the reset button given on the back panel of the router. Insert a pointed object deep inside the pinhole and keep the button pressed for at least 5 to 10 seconds and the lights on its display panel will go off and on indicating a reset.
Note- the router will also be rebooted at the end to make sure the reboot doesn’t get halted as any hurdle in the reboot can corrupt the firmware of the router. The interruption in the reset can also have a permanent damage to the router.
Points to remember
- Use the wired connection over the wireless connection as it is much reliable comparatively.
- Make sure the power supply isn’t interrupted during the course of the router reset as it can lead to the malfunctioning of the router.