Babbu Routerlogin.net Expert
Access www.routerlogin.net Setup Genie Page
- The user can simply open any internet browser on the device connected to the router
- Type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar to access the login page.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the user will be taken to the Netgear Genie, which is the web based dashboard for the settings and features of the router.
- The user will be prompted to type in the default information prior to using the Netgear Genie web based interface. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- There is a vast variety of advanced features of the router in the Netgear Genie web interface.
The Guest Network | Parental Controls | Network Speed Test | Check the status of the internet and wireless network | Media prioritization
Babbu Expert - NETGEAR www.routerlogin.net Advance Features
- Guest Network – The Guest Network feature allows the user to create multiple guest networks other than their main network. This way, the user can share their internet to any guests for a limited period of time without jeopardizing their main network and all the content shared on it.
The user can simply go on to create alternate networks for a limited period of time for the guests visiting their place so that the guests can get access to the internet of the user but not to their main network and all its shared contents. This way, the user’s main network and all its shared contents remain safe and out of the hands of the guests. This makes sure that the possibility of someone changing or misusing the information of the user is checked out. The main network of the user will only be accessed by the user and no one else.
- Parental Control – The Parental Control feature lets the user restrict any websites or block any inappropriate content on their network. This way, the user doesn’t have to worry accidentally visiting any unsecured websites or so that no inappropriate content shows up on their network. Their network will be kept safe with the help of this feature. The user can also limit the access of the internet for a particular time. This way, if the user has any children studying for their exams or they just simply want to limit the access to the internet on a number of devices, the user can set the time limit or the specific devices they want to restrict the access of internet. This way, the user and their children are safe from accidentally accessing any inappropriate or adulterated content as well as safe from the over use of internet. The user doesn’t always have to be there to supervise or tell their children to stop using any websites or the internet, in general.
- Port Forwarding – The Netgear router has a firewall installed inside it which blocks the connection attempt by devices on the internet to the devices in your local network. To enable any devices on the internet to connect to your devices in your local network, the user will have to reconfigure the router. With the help of port forwarding, the user can forward the internet packets to any of the different devices on the user’s local network.
- Network Speed Test – The Network Speed Test lets the user check whether they are getting the promised speed for their router. This way, the user can check whether they are getting the speed they are paying for or the speed they were promised. The user can also check for their download and upload speed with this feature.
- Media Prioritization – This feature lets the user prioritize any device they wish more bandwidth on. For example, if the user wishes to provide more bandwidth to a certain device, say their play station, they can prioritize the device to enjoy lag free gaming. This way, the user can always make sure that they are not experiencing any buffering or lag on their device due to low bandwidth and can enjoy their experience without any interruptions.
- Number of Devices Connected – With the help of this feature, the user can find out the number of devices that are connected to the network at the moment. This way, the user can make sure that there are no other devices or people connected to their network and using their internet without their consent.
To gain access to the advanced features of the router and to configure, monitor, control and even repair the network, the user will need to login to the router first. Here, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the Netgear router, to Reset the router, to change the username and password and to update the firmware for the Netgear router.
How to setup and login to the Netgear router
Before beginning the setup process, there are some prerequisites required. They are:
- Ethernet cables to make the necessary connections.
- A working Desktop computer or a Laptop.
- A working Internet connection.
The router when first bought needs to be setup and logged in so that the user can create a customized as well as a secure network. If the user just plugs the router in and uses it, their network might be vulnerable to potential threats. Anyone can gain access to the user’s network with the help of the default information of the router. The default information of the router is available to everyone online to help them login to their router. So, to help secure the user’s network, the user must login to the router.
Here are the steps to setup and login to the Netgear router
- Connect the modem to the WAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are properly made.
- Now, connect the computer or laptop to any of the Internet ports located next to the WAN port using another Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly on both ends.
- Using the same device that is connected to the router, open any internet browser of your choice. Type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar and press enter.
- You will then be prompted to enter a username and password for your router. The default username is “admin” and password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- The Setup Wizard appears. Click the Setup Wizard. The Setup Wizard is the web based interface for the initial setup process for the Netgear router.
- The Setup Wizard will now try to detect the type of Internet connection that you have. For all the wired connections, the Setup Wizard detects the connection as Dynamic IP. Click Yes and hit Next.
- After the connection has been detected, click Next to save the settings.
You will now be connected to your Netgear router and ready to use your router as you please. You can now start configuring the router as you desire.
How to Reset the Netgear router
The router will have to be reset if the user either forgets or loses the information regarding their router. But take note that if the user resets the router, their personalized settings will get reset too. Resetting the router will restore the router back to its factory default settings. The user can login again to their router using the default information specific to their router.
To reset the router, follow the troubleshooting steps provided below:
- Locate the Reset button at the back of the router. The button may be labeled as Reset or Restore Factory Settings.
- Using a paper clip, press and hold the Reset button for ten seconds.
- Release the button. The LED lights at the front of the router will start blinking. As soon as the power light becomes stable, the router will have been restored back to its factory default settings.
Warning: The Reset process shouldn’t be interrupted as it can corrupt the router and even render it useless.